Fronius Monitoring setup
You will complete several steps in setting up the Fronius WiFi monitoring.
A. The first step is to use the inverter screen to turn the WiFi on.
B. Then you will Log into the inverter via a computer, phone or tablet.
C. Once logged in, you will be configuring the inverter to use your home WiFi network.
D. When your inverter is connected to the internet, you will then need to download and setup the monitoring app.
A – Inverter WiFi
To begin, become familiar with the inverter buttons:
First and Second buttons are navigation (Left, Right, Up, Down)
Third button is the Home button, which also acts at a ‘back’ button
Fourth button is the ‘enter’ button.
Turning on the inverter WiFi
1. Press the 3rd button on the inverter to reveal the picture of a house.
2. Navigate to the settings option (spanner & screwdriver) and press enter (4)
3. Navigate to the ‘access point’ option and press enter.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to turn on access point
B. Connecting your laptop to the inverter WiFi
1. Search for the Fronius 240.xxxxxx WiFi network on your laptop (This network name is also your ‘data logger ID’. Please record/photo this as you may need it in the inverter setup stage)
2. The password for the Fronius network is 12345678
Logging into the Inverter
1. Open a web browser and go to 192.168.250.181
2. You will be presented with either a wizard or a general data screen.
C. Configure your Inverter to use the local WiFi
– You are looking for the internet via wireless option
– On the right hand side, you will see a vertical menu… go to settings
– on the left hand side you will see another vertical menu – go to network
– look for the internet via wireless option
Connecting your WiFi
You should see a wireless network list. Select your network and press the ‘SET’ button to reveal a password box.
Once you’ve entered your password, you will need to connect (it may happen automatically)
There should be a green tick button at the top of the page. Press this to save the page settings.
Once this is done, you should be able to close the browser and log out of the Fronius WiFi.
D. Setting up your Fronius Solarweb login
You’ll need to set up a on online Fronius Solarweb account
1. Go to www.solarweb.com and in the top right of the page, click on ‘login’. Select the ‘Register’ option from the drop down list.
2. Follow the setup process. Please note the password will need to be 8 characters, have an upper case, lower case, number and special character ([email protected]#$%^&*) for example Solar01#
3. You will be sent a confirmation email within 5 mins. Please open and click to link to finalise your account setup.
Downloading the solar web app
There are two apps available if you’d like to monitor from your phone. Both are available from Google or Apple app stores.